My Dad had a traditional box packing puzzle at his house over Thanskgiving ...
If you just want to try it out on a Windows computer download the prebuilt WIN32 binary.
To build BoxPack you need wxWindows and Monotone (to get the source).
- Download the wxMSW-2.4.2-setup.zip installer and run.
- I accepted the default setup options.
- Set WXWIN in your environment to the installed location. I set mine to "C:\wxWindows-2.4.2".
- Edit include\wx\msw\setup.h and enable the OpenGL support by changing the value of wxUSE_GLCANVAS to 1.
- Open src\wxWindows.dsw in Visual Studio. Answer yes to all of the "forward conversion" prompts. Choose "Batch Build" and select "Debug" and "Release" builds of jpeg, png, regex, tiff, wxWindows and zlib. Build.
Refer to the main wxWindows site for any missing details.Monotone Setup
- Download the monotone installer for windows from the Monotone home page.
- Execute the installer, accept defaults, yes to "init database" and "generate key". You'll be prompted to enter a passphrase for your keypair.
- Put the monotone directory in your PATH environment variable. I added "C:\Program Files\monotone" to my PATH.
- Open a shell and export your public key with "monotone pubkey email@example.com". Email me the public key block (all of the output).
Refer to the main Monotone site for any missing details.
yum -y install wxGTK2-gl wxGTK2-stc wxGTK-common wxGTK-common-devel wxGTK2-xrc wxGTK2-devel wxGTK2 yum -y install monotone
Anyone can check out a copy of the source. If you email me your public key I'll give you write permissions so you can commit changes as well.
# Move the generated database somewhere easier to deal with mv /cygdrive/c/Documents\ and\ Settings/Ken/My\ Documents/monotone/monotone.db ~/. # Sync the boxpack project into your database. mtn --db=~/monotone.db sync mt.bonsai.com com.bonsai.boxpack # Checkout a source tree. cd /good/place/for/source mtn --db=~/monotone.db --branch=com.bonsai.boxpack checkout boxpack
- Open the BoxPack Solution in Visual Studio.
- In "Tools->Options->Projects->VC++ Directories->Include files" add: "$(WXWIN)\include" and "$(WXWIN)\lib\msw". [yes, a path with "lib" in the Include list].